Thursday, January 30, 2014

Elimination-"Process Of Elimination" demo (1989)



Elimination was a New Orleans thrash metal band that existed from 1988 to 1990.
Here is a short interview with former Elimination guitarist/vocalist Scott Walle.

Who was in Elimination throughout the life of the band?
Members-
Scott Walle - Vocals Guitar
Bryan Hebert - Drums
Jeff Weibelt - Bass
John Rincon - Guitar

Chris Vamvoras - Drums
Craig Legendre - Bass
Dino Mazone - Drums
Tony White - Guitar

How did you get together?
Brian and I started jamming together after Brian left Osiris, in the summer of 1988.  We started writing a few songs and decide to put a whole band together.. Suicidal Overdose broke up and we snatched up Jeff and started practicing and his house. We couldn’t find a singer so I stated singing.  We played a Christmas party at Jeff’s house as a 3 piece, the one and only time. Soon after, we hooked up with John, and Elimination was complete.

Talk about your "Process Of Elimination" demo.
We recorded Process of Elimination @ MSI Studios in Metairie, I believe it was Spring 1989. It was recorded and mixed in one day. We were just kids, But it was a learning experience.  It was the underground, it was supposed to sound shitty, right? I dubbed all the copies of the tapes on my stereo in my bedroom.  The artwork was done by Brett Balu.  I made copies of the cover at my mom’s work, some on white paper some on blue.

What are some of your favorite memories from the 80's NOLA underground scene both on and off stage?
The ‘80’s, ah such a magical time!!!!  There seemed to be much more unity in the underground scene.  We were young and dumb, just trying to have a good time.  I’m sure my memories are much better that the reality. The most memorable show was kind of the introduction to the new, younger up and coming bands. It was Red Army, Elimination, Destitute Savior, Armed Response and Paralysis.  Just a huge show, tons of new faces in the crowd. That show was what cemented my love for playing music live.

What did the rest of the members do after Elimination disbanded?
After Elimination, Jeff and Bryan started No Destination with former members of Destitute Savior.  Jeff also went on to play in Daddy Y-Belt among others,(Hawg Jaw, Bump Daddyz).  John joined Rude Awakening then eventually Dr. LaLa.  Dino started Body Bag Slam.  I played in Large Traffic Orange Juice with Danny Nick(Name Dropping). Fast Forward 10 years or so, John  and I played together in Rise Above, I know I'm leaving out a billion bands we've been in but, I’m old and my memory ain’t what it used to be.

Are you and other former members active in the music scene today?
Present Day:
Scott - A Hanging  and Disciples of Thrash
Jeff - The Weakness
Dino - The Pests
John - Overtone

No comments:

Post a Comment